From The Video Game Bleach 3rd phomton Matsuri Kudo is former co 3rd seat of Squad 5
She and her brother, Fujimaru, fight Arturo Plateado and win, but are suspended in time. They appear in present-day Karakura Town, where they meet Ichigo Kurosaki and his friends. Soon, they would become allies, as Matsuri realizes Seigen is still alive. They find him and try to take him back to the Soul Society, but this proves to be futile, as he has teamed up with Aizen and become a Hollow. He attacks the Soul Society and she leads an attack force to Hueco Mundo to stop Aizen. She is stopped by her father, who she is forced to kill in an in-between dimension. After the fight, she returns to the Human World and attends Ichigo's school.
Powers & Abilities
Expert Swordsmanship Specialist: Matsuri has shown to be a skilled swordswoman, using her Shikai effectively in battle.
Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Though Matsuri is only shown fighting with a sword, she was trained extensively in Hakuda by Yoruichi Shihōin.
Kidō Practitioner: Matsuri has shown to have some skill in Kidō as she is able to learn Shunkō, and had knowledge of both Hadō and Bakudō.
- Shunkō ( Flash Cry): An advanced technique that combines hand-to-hand combat and Kidō, although Matsuri uses this to amplify the power of her swordsmanship. What is known of it so far is that it can allow her to instantly neutralize an opponent's movement.
Flash Steps: Matsuri has shown that she is able to use Flash Steps, at least on par with Lieutenant-level Shinigami.
High Spiritual Power: Matsuri has high spiritual power, as she, along with her brother Fujimaru, was able to release her Shikai shortly after joining the 5th Division upon graduating from the Shinigami Academy.
- Shikai: Its release command is Swath ( Mow 'em down in the English version). Its shikai resembles a Guandao, as it has a long, pole-like, handle and a double-edged blade. It also contains a small ax-like blade on the top, just above the hilt.
- Bankai: Ryūkyū Kotōmaru (Dragon-Seeking Tiger Culler) has a dragon head on her left shoulder and a cape on her waist to foot. On her right shoulder is a piece of gray fur. The blade itself also seems to be composed of a bright pink energy.
- Bankai Special Ability: Matsuri's Bankai greatly increases the attack power of her Zanpakutō, as well as her defensive strength.
- Ryūkyū Zesshō (Dragon-Seeking Finishing Thrust): The blade of energy becomes much larger and she uses it to slash all enemies within range of this attack.